Inspiring people with Disabilities through Awareness, Resources, Empowerment and Unity
Ahhhh Bunnings, a massive business with almost as big a heart!
Now this is NOT an advert for Bunnings, but more so a pat on the back for a huge organisation that a massive amount of good to the local communities.
The Bunnings Community Involvement approach is built on the principal that they are part of the local communities in which they operate.They focus their efforts on giving meaningful support where it makes a difference.
- Allow Community groups/Charities to run cake stalls,
tin rattling and raffles in-store
- Donate items for raffles etc
- Create and host regular free, in-shop projects for speciality groups ( people with disabilities, children etc).
- Have a Community groups/Charities awareness day,where these organisation have an opportunity to speak about what they do and raise community awareness and some money.
- Have events to celebrate and thank Community groups/Charities and give them valuable networking opportunities.
- Promote the Community groups/Charities who are hosting the sausage sizzles on their website
IMAGINE IF EVERY LARGE ORGANISATION TOOK A LEAF OUT OF BUNNINGS BOOK AND GAVE BACK TO THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITIES IN THE SAME WAY.
It is time for the big organisations in our local communities to start meaningfully putting back into their communities and truly become a part of their local communities. Lets Change